Jaakko Heikka - Professional wilderness guide and diehard outdoor enthusiast with a special interest for lightweight backpacking, arctic expeditions and outdoor photography.
Guiding / Opaspalvelut
Latest blog posts
Posts by categories
- #twonights (4)
- AcrossGreenland2014 (3)
- Ankarat avotunturit (2)
- food (6)
- gear talk (33)
- 3-season gear (2)
- gear review (8)
- MYOG (3)
- winter gear (10)
- guiding (30)
- hunting (1)
- packrafting (36)
- philosophical pondering (10)
- photographpy (11)
- recommended read (17)
- trip reports (55)
- ultima thule 2011 (20)
- Uncategorized (33)
- vatnajokull 2012 (20)
- Wilderness Guide School (12)
Tweets from the wild
- Packraft-kursseja ja -retkiä! Suositut #packraft-kurssit ja -retket palaavat parin vuoden tauon jälkeen. #melonta… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 2 years ago
- Heading that way. Be back at the end of the week. 😆❄🌞 #sarek #ahkka #mountains #goodtimes @ Áhkká instagram.com/p/B9OuJjahIO9/… - 3 years ago
- Happy Sarek jubileum tour for me! 😆 . . . #aurora #auroras #auroraborealis #northernlights #revontulet #outdoors… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 3 years ago
- A proper winter day! 😊💙❄ . . . #ahkka #akka #sarek #sareknationalpark #laponia #Lapland #winterwilderness… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 3 years ago
- Heading there tomorrow! 10 years from my first time! 😊 . . . #outdoors #outdoorlife #sarek #sareknationalpark… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 3 years ago
- - -
All the content is mine, if not stated otherwise.
If you want to use something, please ask!
- - -
Join 2,027 other subscribers
Good to hear your busy working outdoors. Live the dream and enjoy.
Thanks Martin! Also nice to see that someone is still reading the blog. Have a great summer, hopefully plenty of outdoors for you too!
I’m still reading it too! Good to see you are v much out and about!
Ive been outdoors a lot but army style (means digging a hole to live in and getting no more than one hours sleep at a time!) and looking forward to heading off on my own soon. Hope we share that boat back in Svalbard or even a vodka in Barentsburg!
The army style doesn’t sound too bad either. I liked my 12 months of the Finnish version of it. 🙂
You know, vodka comes (only?) in bottles in those places so sharing sounds healthy. 😉
Pingback: Hiking and packrafting in Northern Karelia | Korpijaakko