Jaakko Heikka - Professional wilderness guide and diehard outdoor enthusiast with a special interest for lightweight backpacking, arctic expeditions and outdoor photography.
Guiding / Opaspalvelut
Latest blog posts
Posts by categories
- #twonights (4)
- AcrossGreenland2014 (3)
- Ankarat avotunturit (2)
- food (6)
- gear talk (33)
- 3-season gear (2)
- gear review (8)
- MYOG (3)
- winter gear (10)
- guiding (30)
- hunting (1)
- packrafting (36)
- philosophical pondering (10)
- photographpy (11)
- recommended read (17)
- trip reports (55)
- ultima thule 2011 (20)
- Uncategorized (33)
- vatnajokull 2012 (20)
- Wilderness Guide School (12)
Tweets from the wild
- Packraft-kursseja ja -retkiä! Suositut #packraft-kurssit ja -retket palaavat parin vuoden tauon jälkeen. #melonta… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 2 years ago
- Heading that way. Be back at the end of the week. 😆❄🌞 #sarek #ahkka #mountains #goodtimes @ Áhkká instagram.com/p/B9OuJjahIO9/… - 3 years ago
- Happy Sarek jubileum tour for me! 😆 . . . #aurora #auroras #auroraborealis #northernlights #revontulet #outdoors… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 3 years ago
- A proper winter day! 😊💙❄ . . . #ahkka #akka #sarek #sareknationalpark #laponia #Lapland #winterwilderness… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 3 years ago
- Heading there tomorrow! 10 years from my first time! 😊 . . . #outdoors #outdoorlife #sarek #sareknationalpark… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 3 years ago
- - -
All the content is mine, if not stated otherwise.
If you want to use something, please ask!
- - -
Join 2,027 other subscribers
Hey Jaakko, you don’t let the grass grow around your feet. do you ! Good luck with your new ventures
Sounds great, all the best for the future adventures! I’m sure you will get to learn a lot of new cool stuff through the wilderness guide education – perhaps some of it to get shared within the community. 🙂
Thanks guys! I hope to share what I learn, at least the good stuff, in a way or another.
Good luck Jaakko with the plans for the future.
Good luck with your future plans!
Thanks Martin and Maria! The very interesting thing would be to know what I’ll be doing after the next year as I have no clue about that one! 😀
Cool plans Jaakko, it means I should never get lost when I visit Finland!
Well, orienteering is part of the qualification exams but I wouldn’t trust myself that much… as I happen to know a shortcut. 😉
Pingback: At the moment: Hiking & packrafting in Lapland « Korpijaakko